Back & Spinal Cord Injuries
We know about back and spinal cord injuries.
The National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center estimates that in the United States, roughly 17,400 people sustain a spinal cord injury each year. According to the Mayo Clinic, car and motorcycle accidents are the leading cause of spinal cord injuries. On average, vehicle crashes account for more than 35 percent of spinal cord injuries each year.
The medical costs of a spinal cord injury can be high. The National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center estimates that on average, first year medical costs for a spinal cord injury can range from $352,279 to over $1,000,000. Yearly costs thereafter can range, on average, from $42,789 to $187,443. About 30% of persons with spinal cord injury are re-hospitalized one or more times during any given year following injury.
We can help.
- We advance all costs necessary to investigate and litigate your case. If, for example, we need to hire experts, we pay for them. You pay us nothing.
- We investigate to determine if your injury was in fact caused by negligent conduct;
- We then present that evidence. This presentation could be to an insurance adjuster, to a defense attorney representing the party at fault or to a judge or jury if the case goes to trial.
- When we present evidence, we also advocate for you and show through evidence and testimony all the various ways your life has been impacted by a spinal cord injury.
- With input from our team of medical experts, we create a “life care plan” for our client that describes what specialized care and assistance—including cutting edge care that may not be covered by insurance—they will need in order to have the maximum possible quality of life.
- You only pay us if we win.
Representing people who have sustained back and spinal cord injuries is what we do.
Reiner, Slaughter, Mainzer & Frankel, LLP, has obtained more than $600 million for our clients. We have built a reputation for handling the most complex and high stakes personal injury lawsuits involving catastrophic injury, permanent disability, disfigurement or wrongful death.
You don’t have to take our word for it: our attorneys have been awarded positions in key peer-reviewed organizations including the American Board of Trial Advocates, Super Lawyers, the National Trial Lawyers Association, AVVO and Martindale Hubbell, the nation’s largest independent attorney rating service.