Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
Brain injuries are hidden.
A traumatic brain injury occurs when an external force causes damage to the brain. While some people who sustain a traumatic brain injury are able to recover, for others, a traumatic brain injury can cause permanent changes in a person’s ability to think, work and interact with the world.
Despite their seriousness, even significant brain injuries can be overlooked. Signs or symptoms of traumatic brain injury may not appear immediately after an injury occurs and may only become apparent days or weeks later. Sometimes, a traumatic brain injury can be overshadowed by other more obvious physical injuries—even when the traumatic brain injury has life-changing consequences.
We know the subtle cognitive and psychological changes a traumatic brain injury can cause and understand why these changes can go undetected for extensive periods of time.
Working with our team of neurologists, neuropsychologists and neuroradiologists, and employing cutting edge medical technologies, we can help our clients get the specialized assessments needed to diagnose their traumatic brain injuries. We’ve found that simply obtaining a verification that the injury is real rather than imagined gives our clients significant relief.
But our work does not stop at diagnosis. We understand our clients often need continuing cognitive and psychological assessment, rehabilitative care, vocational rehabilitation and long-term health care planning.
We help reveal them.
- Working with our team of medical experts, we help our clients get the specialized assessments needed to diagnose their traumatic brain injuries.
- We help family members spot the signs of a brain injury so they can inform treating medical providers of what they’ve observed.
- We collect information about how the injury occured so we can explain through evidence how what happened caused a brain injury.
- We make clear each way your life has been affected by your brain injury.
- We help you and your family get the assistance you need until your case is resolved.
Representing people who have suffered brain injuries is what we do.
Reiner, Slaughter, Mainzer & Frankel, LLP, has obtained more than $600 million for our clients–including clients who have suffered traumatic brain injuries. We have built a reputation for handling the most complex and high stakes personal injury lawsuits involving catastrophic injury, permanent disability, disfigurement or wrongful death.
You don’t have to take our word for it: our attorneys have been awarded positions in key peer-reviewed organizations including the American Board of Trial Advocates, Super Lawyers, the National Trial Lawyers Association, AVVO and Martindale Hubbell, the nation’s largest independent attorney rating service.