Why Choose Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel, LLP?
When dealing with the aftermath of a spinal cord injury, it is crucial to have an experienced and dedicated attorney on your side.
At Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel, LLP, we have a proven track record in handling spinal cord injury cases. Our experience and in-depth understanding of the complexities of these cases make us your ideal partner.
Experience and Successful Track Record
At Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel, LLP, we bring decades of combined legal experience to our practice. We have handled many spinal cord injury cases and have a strong record of securing significant compensation for our clients.
Our team has experience in negotiating settlements and litigating cases in court, and we fight to ensure that our clients receive the maximum possible compensation.
Convenient Location in Redding
Conveniently located in Redding, we are within easy reach of our clients in the Redding area and familiar with local courts and legal procedures. With this local knowledge, we can effectively navigate the unique aspects of each case, providing us with an advantage in securing the best possible outcome for our clients.
Spinal Cord Injury Compensation
Proving another party’s negligence is a key part of getting compensation in a spinal injury case. Negligence refers to the failure of an individual or entity to exercise reasonable care, resulting in harm or injury to another party.
Examples of negligence in the context of spinal cord injuries include a careless driver who causes an accident, a property owner who fails to maintain a safe environment, or a physician who makes a mistake during a medical procedure.
Understanding the compensation available for spinal cord injuries is crucial in a personal injury case. Such a serious injury often results in substantial medical expenses and lost earnings and can significantly impair the quality of life for victims and their families.
We can, however, seek compensation for you to cover these losses. With the representation of Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel, LLP, you can better understand and determine the value of your case.
Types of Compensation You Can Seek
Sustaining a spinal cord injury may entitle you to various types of compensation depending on the circumstances and severity of your case.
These can include:
- Medical costs: This compensation covers current and future expenses related to medical treatment, medication, rehabilitation, surgery, and assistive devices.
- Lost income: If your injury means you cannot work or has reduced your earning capacity, you can seek compensation for lost income.
- Pain and suffering: This category includes emotional distress and physical pain arising from your injury.
- Ongoing care expenses: In severe cases, spinal cord injuries may require long-term assistance with daily living activities.
- Loss of consortium: This refers to the non-economic losses relating to companionship, love, and sexual relationships as a result of a spinal cord injury.
Determining the Value of Your Case With Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel, LLP
Every spinal cord injury case is unique, and determining the value requires thorough understanding and analysis. To calculate the value of your case, we examine how your injury impairs all aspects of your life, including your current financial and psychological burdens and your potential future needs.
We consult with medical professionals, economists, and life care planners to develop a comprehensive understanding of your case’s value and use this knowledge to advocate for your right to full and fair compensation.
Where Do Spinal Cord Injuries Occur in Redding?
Having a clear understanding of where spinal cord injuries most commonly occur can help victims and their families make sense of their circumstances as they go through the legal process.
Statistics shed light on trends involving these types of injuries, and being familiar with common accident locations can help inform claims.
Local Statistics on Spinal Cord Injuries
More than 17,000 people suffer a spinal cord injury each year nationally. Like many bustling cities, Redding is not immune to accidents leading to spinal cord injuries. These can occur in a variety of settings, such as car accidents on busy streets or slips and falls at work or in public places.
The latest data indicates that most spinal cord injuries in Redding occur due to motor vehicle accidents. Falls, acts of violence, and sports and recreational activities are also common causes.
Benefits of Local Knowledge
At Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel, LLP, we understand the local terrain, common accident locations, and local laws and regulations. Our local insight aids our strategic approach and can strengthen your case because we can navigate the legal landscape and appropriately reference local circumstances in court.
Spinal Cord Injuries: Understanding the Impact
Living with a spinal cord injury can be an incredibly challenging and life-changing experience. Understanding the common causes and the potential long-term effects of such injuries can provide valuable insight into their gravity and the need for substantial compensation.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries can happen in various situations, but some causes occur more often than others.
The most common causes are:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Traffic incidents are the leading cause of spinal cord injuries, accounting for almost half of all cases.
- Falls: Especially prevalent in adults over 65, falls account for approximately 31 percent of spinal cord injuries.
- Violence: Acts of violence, specifically gunshot and knife wounds, cause approximately 13 percent of spinal cord injuries.
- Sports and recreation: Athletic activities, especially impact sports and diving into shallow water, represent around nine percent of spinal cord injuries.
- Medical or surgical complications: These can lead to spinal cord injuries in some rare cases.
Types of Injuries and Their Long-Term Effects
The impact of a spinal cord injury can vary greatly depending on the level and severity of damage to the cord.
The potential long-term effects can influence numerous aspects of a person’s life, including:
- Paralysis: The extent of paralysis can vary from partial (paraplegia) to complete (tetraplegia or quadriplegia). These conditions impair both movement and sensation in parts or the entirety of the body below the site of injury.
- Respiratory problems: Spinal cord injuries occurring at higher levels can disrupt the functioning of muscles crucial for breathing. This impairment may necessitate mechanical ventilation or other forms of respiratory assistance to maintain adequate oxygenation.
- Bowel and bladder control: Spinal cord injuries can interfere with an individual’s ability to regulate bowel and bladder functions, often requiring specialized management and care.
- Sexual health: These injuries can have profound effects on sexual function and fertility, leading to a range of emotional and relationship challenges for an individual.
- Mental health issues: Coping with the aftermath of a spinal cord injury can result in significant psychological difficulties, such as depression and anxiety, as individuals grapple with the life changes arising from their injuries.
- Chronic pain: Many individuals with spinal cord injuries contend with persistent and often debilitating pain, considerably diminishing their quality of life.
Given the multifaceted and life-changing nature of these potential consequences, we cannot overstate the importance of engaging a seasoned spinal cord injury lawyer.
The skilled legal team at Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel, LLP, will advocate for your rights, ensuring you receive the full and equitable compensation necessary to address the challenges and expenses associated with spinal cord injuries.
Battling Insurance Companies: Why You Need a Lawyer
Navigating the aftermath of a spinal cord injury can be a daunting experience, and dealing with insurance companies can be particularly challenging. Insurers are notoriously adept at limiting the amount they pay out.
Challenges of Dealing With Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are businesses first and foremost. Their initial instinct is often to minimize payouts to protect their bottom line, which can be highly disadvantageous to a spinal cord injury victim. They may use tactics to wear you down, such as downplaying the severity of your injury, disputing the circumstances of the accident, or delaying the settlement process.
Without the proper legal representation, they may put pressure on you to accept a settlement that does not cover your current needs, let alone future expenses you may incur due to the injury. This is where having a strong Redding spinal cord injury lawyer by your side becomes crucial.
What to Do After a Spinal Cord Injury
The aftermath of a spinal cord injury can understandably be a time of confusion and stress, but your actions during this period can significantly influence the outcome of your case.
Safeguarding your well-being and legal rights involves:
- Getting immediate medical attention: Seek medical care without delay, even if you believe your injuries are minor. Some symptoms may not become apparent until later.
- Exercising caution when discussing the accident: Refrain from discussing the accident with anyone, particularly insurance adjusters, until you have had an opportunity to speak with a lawyer. This precaution helps protect your legal interests.
- Hiring a spinal cord injury attorney: Reach out to a qualified Redding spinal cord injury lawyer immediately after the injury. Legal counsel can offer invaluable guidance, advise you about your rights, and initiate the process of building a solid case.
Adhering to these steps significantly enhances the prospect of achieving a favorable outcome in your case, ensuring that you receive the necessary support, care, and compensation to address the challenges stemming from your injury.
Contact Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel, LLP
By reaching out to an experienced law firm, such as Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel, LLP, you align yourself with a team of professionals who understand the intricacies of spinal cord injury law.
We can guide you through the complex legal process and protect your interests from the outset. The sooner you get in touch with our team, the sooner we can start gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and building a compelling case for you.
At Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel, LLP, we are passionate about fighting for the rights of spinal cord injury victims. We understand the devastating impact of these injuries and endeavor to secure the maximum possible compensation for you.
The journey to recovery from a spinal cord injury can be long and fraught with challenges, but you can be confident that we will vigorously defend your rights and interests. If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury, contact Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel, LLP, today at (530) 241-0290 for your free case evaluation.
Reiner, Slaughter, & Frankel, LLP – Redding Office
2851 Park Marina Dr STE 200
Redding, CA 96001, United States
Phone: (530) 241-0290