Skip to main content

I’ve been injured. Do I need a lawyer?

By February 12, 2018May 26th, 2022No Comments


One minute you were walking down the street or driving in your car, and the next minute you were hearing a doctor tell you it would be weeks before you are able to resume your regular activities.

Serious accidents turn your life upside down in an instant.

Hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer can help

Sometimes it’s hard to know where to start after a car or motorcycle accident, a slip-and-fall incident, or another accident resulting in personal injuries. You know you need to keep your medical appointments, stay in touch with your employer, contact the insurance companies, rest… and the list goes on.

Hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer allows you to focus on recovering from your injuries while your legal team manages the details related to the accident. Your accident attorney will efficiently

  • Evaluate your case
  • Investigate the accident
  • Collect evidence
  • Gather and organize documents
  • Stay in contact with the insurance companies
  • Help you manage your medical bills
  • Help you get your vehicle repaired or replaced if you were in an auto or motorcycle accident
  • Help you with other property damage needs related to the accident
  • Consult with medical, financial and crash site experts about your case
  • Recommend the best course of action to get you full and fair compensation
  • Negotiate with other parties in the case to move quickly to a fair settlement or trial date.

How do I know if I need a personal injury lawyer?

Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney can make the difference between a quick payout that benefits the insurance company and a full and just settlement that fairly compensates you for current and future damages. If any of the following descriptions apply to your case, call our Redding, California car accident attorneys today for a free consultation:

  • You have injuries that will take more than a few days to heal.
  • Your injuries will likely cause permanent scarring.
  • Your doctors aren’t sure of the extent of your injuries.
  • You have suffered a traumatic brain injury.
  • Medical treatment is likely to extend over a few weeks or longer.
  • You were hospitalized because of the injuries.
  • You missed more than a couple of days of work.
  • You are having trouble concentrating at work or on typical activities at home.
  • You are feeling emotional, sad, moody, irritable or angry and these feelings started soon after the accident.
  • Your family is having trouble providing appropriate care for you while you recover.
  • You are unable to pay for the costs of repairing your vehicle or getting a rental car while your car is being repaired.
  • The person who caused the accident is uninsured.
  • You don’t have medical insurance.
  • The accident occurred at a business or on public property (such as a city-owned park or building).

What kind of lawyer should I hire if I have been injured?

When you have been hurt, you need a smart, aggressive lawyer who understands your situation. You want to hire an experienced personal injury and accident lawyer who regularly represents injured clients and secures fair settlements or awards.

How do you find that lawyer? Here are some questions to ask when interviewing a lawyer you might want to represent you:

  • What kinds of cases do you enjoy the most?
  • What kinds of cases do you handle most often?
  • How many personal injury / car accident / motorcycle accident cases have you handled in the last three years?
  • About how often do you settle cases and how often do you go to trial? Why?
  • For cases you take to trial, what is your success rate?
  • How long will my case take to get resolved?
  • How do you get paid?
  • What costs or expenses am I responsible for before the case ends and after it ends? Does that change depending on whether I win or lose?
  • What do you think my case is worth?
  • Do you have time to represent me now? What other cases are you currently working on?
  • Will you be the attorney handling my case? Who else will work on it with you?
  • How will you communicate with me about my case?
  • Who are some past clients I can talk to?

If you or a loved one has recently been hurt, call the personal injury attorneys at Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel today to hear their answers to these questions and to talk about your case.